Quality Trust for Individuals with Disabilities
- Provide a system to manage day-to-day business.
- Manage Individual and Provider information.
- Track details about all Individual requested services.
- Manage problems and concerns related to Individual services.
- Determine Barriers for unmet services.
- Monitor Individual satisfaction and outcomes.
- Track details about all individual providers.
- Manage the assessment of the quality of services individuals receive.
- Track individual satisfaction with their services and quality of life.
Quality Trust for Individuals with Disabilities (Quality Trust) is an independent, nonprofit organization, created through a court mandate, the Evans Exit Plan. The Mission of Quality Trust is to monitor and advance the individual and collective interests, of people with developmental disabilities and mental retardation in the District of Columbia. The vision of Quality Trust is to ensure that every individual receives the highest quality of service and support.
The goal of this project was to deliver a solution that would assist in managing the day-to-day business of Quality Trust, and give its workforce a centralized tool for collaboration, so that Quality Trust can focus on their business of advancing the individual and collective interests, of consumers with developmental disabilities and mental retardation.
- Increase the timeliness of information for decision makers.
- Provide a common data-sharing environment among care providers, advocates, and Quality Trust personnel.
- Implement a “best in class” business process to support the mission of providing a high quality care environment.
- Develop a secure infrastructure that protects the privacy of client and personnel information.
- Provide a comprehensive trend-reporting module for management and individual advocates.
- Gain client acceptance.
The goal of this project was to build a solution that would help Quality Trust in achieving their goals. Working as a team, Obverse helped Quality Trust by developing an enterprise management system, called the Individuals with Disabilities Advocacy System (IDAS), to assist in managing the day-to-day business and to provide a centralized tool to make collaboration more effective. This system helps Quality Trust achieve their ultimate goal of providing the highest quality of care for individuals with developmental disabilities and mental retardation.
IDAS’s Case Management for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities has two components – Advocacy Request/Intake Case Management and Ongoing Case Management. Together these two components include the responsibility for locating, managing, coordinating, and monitoring:
- All proposed services.
- Informal community supports needed by eligible persons.
Advocacy Request/Intake case management includes assisting the individual through the application process, authorizing any needed assessments to determine eligibility, collecting current consumer demographics, diagnostics, medical coverage, medications, referral information, and effecting a smooth transition to an ongoing Advocate. Once an individual is determined to be eligible, the individual is then assigned to an ongoing Advocate. The ongoing Advocate then aids in providing needed services to the Individual.
With IDAS, Quality Trust can ensure high quality of care by reviewing Individual’s requested services, and identify barriers for those services. The advocate can monitor the satisfaction of the individuals receiving services, and also monitor outcomes for the Individual – comparing planned outcomes with actual outcomes.
IDAS captures problems and concerns related to Individual services. The objective is to record responsibilities, track progress, and spot delays quickly related to Individual problems or concerns.
IDAS also has the ability to accept electronic documents that may be necessary to provide services to consumers. These documents may be in any format, scanned or electronically generated, and then uploaded to the IDAS system for all authorized users to observe, giving the ability to access documents easily and quickly.
- Quality Trust is now able to focus more efficiently and effectively in advancing the individual and collective interests of consumers with developmental disabilities and mental retardation.
- Quality Trust gained a reliable, scalable Case Management Solution.
- Up-to-Date Individual data improves the quality of services and the delivery of care.
- Detailed Individual information can be accessed in seconds.
- Availability of electronic form data entry, reducing the potential for human errors.
- Reports available to authorized users at any time.
Quality Trust for Individuals with Disabilities is able to manage problems and concerns related to individual services through IDAS more efficiently and effectively. Before the IDAS application, Quality Trust relied on a paper system to conduct daily business. The implementation of electronic forms drastically reduced human data entry problems and increased the speed of business. The user can now retrieve information and review it on screen in an instant.
Since the Individual’s data is already in the system, more time is available to the Advocate to provide high quality of care. Individual records have become more understandable and the Advocates are able to focus on their vision of ensuring that every individual receives the highest quality of services.
The bottom line, with the implementation of an enterprise solution that aids in managing the day-to-day business, Quality Trust is now able to focus more efficiently and effectively in advancing the individual and collective interests of consumers with developmental disabilities and mental retardation in the District of Columbia.